LEARNING: Whether you are in employment or currently seeking, make sure to keep your skills up to date. This will look impressive on your resume.Whether you are 15, 50 or 65, there is usually a little imp inside us all that wants to learn new things.
Employers and the industry experts on training can wrap it up in terms like ‘training for the future’ and ‘equipping 21st century workers for jobs that haven’t been invented yet’, but you know that keeping your level of expertise up to scratch is really money in the bank – for you.
Most employers these days need you to be continually training, and whether it is a formal classroom session, an online tick and flick, or a hangout, there’s no sign of it letting up.
So how do you get the best out of such a mobile learning environment?Here are five fab tips to keep you ahead of the game.
1. Fuel up! This is number one. If you’re hungry it’s hard to think straight so keep your body well-fuelled before your training class. Eat brain food like a banana and keep well hydrated with fresh water.
2. Be prepared! Pay attention to what the training program is offering for your session and be organised. Think about where your strengths and weaknesses lie and have fun filling the gaps.
3. Turn up on time, or be early. Then you can stay calm, work out where to go, and familiarise yourself with your surroundings.
4. Ask your teacher/coach questions during training. They are there for you and want you to succeed just as much as you do. They have a wealth of knowledge so ASK! This goes for everyone not just beginners!
5. Don’t compare yourself to others….. Never fall into this trap!
Whether you call it training or self-improvement it’s best to get the most out of your sessions to make it sink in and not have to do it all again.
And when you’re finished, make sure to bring your new skills and knowledge to the workplace -use them or you’ll lose them.
As writer Max Ehrmann so elegantly said, “Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time”.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 老域名购买.